How can you tell if a potential consulting engagement is right for you? How can you know what to charge, so you’re happy if you get the engagement or you don’t? When you define success for yourself as a consultant, you can create the consulting business you want. You’ll take the right gigs and decline the others. It’s a matter of defining your version of success.
You’ll learn to define the kind of role you want, for the kind of clients you want, so you can create your successful consulting practice.
About Johanna Rothman
Johanna Rothman, known as the “Pragmatic Manager,” provides frank advice for your tough problems. She helps leaders and teams see problems, resolve risks, and manage their product development. Johanna was the Agile 2009 conference chair and was the co-chair of the first edition of the Agile Practice Guide. Johanna is the author of these books:
- Create Your Successful Agile Project: Collaborate, Measure, Estimate, Deliver
- Agile and Lean Program Management: Scaling Collaboration Across the Organization
- Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects, 2nd edition
- Project Portfolio Tips: Twelve Ideas for Focusing on the Work You Need to Start & Finish
- Diving for Hidden Treasures: Finding the Value in Your Project Portfolio (with Jutta Eckstein)
- Predicting the Unpredictable: Pragmatic Approaches to Estimating Project Schedule or Cost
- Manage Your Job Search
- Hiring Geeks That Fit
- The 2008 Jolt Productivity award-winning Manage It! Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic
- Project Management
- Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management
She is a contributor at projectmanagment.com, and writes two blogs on her web site, jrothman.com, as well as a blog on createadaptablelife.com.
PLEASE NOTE: The meeting is open to the public. No charge for Consultants Network members or employees of Constant Contact; $5 entrance fee for all others. Casual dress.
The Consultants Network meeting starts at 6:30 PM. The meeting will take place at Constant Contact, Reservoir Place - 1601 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA 02451, in the Great Room on the third floor.
A no host, PRE-MEETING DINNER will take place at 5:15 PM (sharp) at Bertucci's, 475 Winter Street, Waltham, MA (exit 27B, Rte. 128)
Driving Directions to Constant Contact
Follow I-95/route 128 to Trapelo Rd in North Waltham, Waltham. Take exit 28 from I-95/route 128.(https://goo.gl/maps/tvn3I)
Consultants Network meetings generally take place on the fourth Tuesday of each month, but are not held during the summer months.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com; or contact the chairman Frederick Beihold, at 508-405-0499.